Blog of a Wannabe Vet

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award

So as promised a post dedicated to my Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award. I started my Gold Award in October 2009 with the group Canterbury Gold. The best part of doing my award with Canterbury Gold is that we're going to Mozambique in South Africa to complete the expedition and residential parts of the award. I'm so excited!
The only slightly tricky part is that because of going to Africa there is a cost of over £2000 - that's a lot of cake sales! So far on the whole fund-raising front I've gone round local shops asking them to donate product that I'll sell at a boot fair as soon as I've got enough stuff. Most shops have been really good and C&H Fabrics, Shared Earth, Fudge Kitchen and Siesta have all donated products.
If anyone has any other ideas though I'd love to know!
While we're in Africa as well as walking 75-85km (!) we get to visit local schools and orphanages, swim with dolphins, go on a day trip to St Lucia and even dissect an impala! What more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment