Blog of a Wannabe Vet

Friday, February 5, 2010

Updates

Well I've just done my physics mock... it went all right - I'm alive anyways. Bring on next week! I have a feeling chemistry may not go as well...
I've organised my day with J R Farm Meats abattoir! YAY! I'm weirdly really looking forward to that I think its going to be really interesting, only thing is I have to get there at 7am. wow. early. 
I got a letter from my Army Careers Advisor saying I have to go and meet to discuss my 'whole range of options and discuss the way ahead.' Its scary I get to make such big choices now. I don't feel old enough! 
Also booked in my  work experience week at Animal House Vets in Herne Bay. They deal with horses as well as the odd small farm and the usual cats and dogs which will be great as I haven't seen large animal practice yet. Burnham House Vets wants me to send in a copy of my CV which I still haven't got round to writing - better try and fit that in between the revision this weekend. Talking of which I may have to sacrifice my Sunday morning at Lord Whisky Sanctuary for English revision :( that doesn't seem like a great trade. 
I'm waiting on phone call from a farmer with 4,000 sheep to confirm I can go to the farm for a week in Easter to help with lambing. 
That'll be fantastic because the other lambing placement I'd organised came at the end of that particular farms lambing season and the beginning of calving so I might not be that busy, but this way I can do lambing at Farm A for the first week then calving at Farm B for the second! 
Is it sad how excited I get? (:

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds amazing. Wish i could get that much experience XD Hope you get all you can from it and the lambing and calving has made me jealous. Can't believe your getting mocks already, hope you do well in them and don't stress too much.

    ReplyDelete