Blog of a Wannabe Vet

Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekends are exhausting

Saturday at the Vets was really good fun. I forgot how much I really enjoy doing work experience there. I got several chances to see how to deal with clients; from an owner refusing to muzzle her staffie to a woman upset about having to decide whether to consider euthanasia for her elderly collie. Dealing with the owners is clearly as much a part of being a vet as making a diagnosis or surgery.
Sunday at Lord Whisky wasn't quite as good... mainly because it rained heavily the WHOLE time so I came home soaked and freezing. and of course it was the only time I've forgotten to take my gloves!
I spent most of Sunday night looking up university open days.

Its very scary that after researching all these vet things for so long its finally time for them to happen. 
Recently I've been quite unmotivated at school. Its hard to put what I'm feeling into words but I think its roughly along the lines of 'I've worked so hard at school for 5 years, surely it must be time to actually live my life now.' If someone could just make me a vet without me having to go through another 6 years of education it would be much appreciated. Saying that though, I can't wait to go to university.
I spend so much time planning for the future (like the army), organising work experience, getting all the different uni prospectuses (whats the plural for prospectus?) that I keep having to remind myself that these are all going to be relevant if I get the right grades. Which at the moment I don't seem to be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment